Thursday, August 15, 2013

4th of July

On the 3rd of July West Bountiful has fireworks in the city park, we planned on going and the boys were really excited about it.  I wasn't sure what I was going to do with Caitlin, the fireworks didn't start till 10pm and she has usually been in bed for hours by that point.  Jason ended up having a rough day at work and needed to go and have drinks so he was going to be late but said he would be home in time for fireworks.  I had to go to the store to get the last few things for dinner the next day and when we were done with the store the boys wanted to buy fireworks.  I sent Jason a text and asked if he cared if I bought fireworks without him, he didn't so we went ahead the boys were in heaven, I let them pick out the fireworks and I wasn't sure what we were going to have at the end but I figured as long as the kids were happy then it didn't matter. 

I had bought Caitlin two different outfits she could wear for the 4th of July so I figured I would dress the kids in red white and blue for the 3rd and the 4th.  I knew we were going to go see fireworks so there would be pictures.  I tried to get a picture of all three kids, as you might imagine one of my children was not going to cooperate.  I will let you guess which one I mean!

I also got this cute bow I had to have baby girl wear but it didn't look right with her outfit that day and I had another one she was going to wear on the 4th so I paired it with her jammies to go watch the fireworks.  I know I am a little crazy, but it is so much fun to have a girl!

Jason ended up not making it home for the fireworks I headed over to the park about 9:30 and we found a spot and waited, they had food booths and music set up, it looked like fun next year we may go earlier and enjoy the festivities.  Caitlin ended up waking up and was awake for the whole firework display, I had brought Jason's headphones to put on her ears in case it was too loud for her, but she just sat on my lap and loved watching the fireworks.  It was so cute to watch her, she loved it.  It has only been the last couple of years that the boys have liked the fireworks and have been able to watch them with out covering their ears. 

So for the 4th of July we went to Lagoon again this year.  Mom and the twins came with us this time around.  Myron had to work so he wasn't able to come with us. 

Don't let Noah's face fool you he had lots of fun, he was just sad he didn't get his own jeep.  he wasn't fast enough and he had to share with Ashton.

Mom was able to get us some discount tickets from her work that were pretty decent deal.  I didn't tell the boys until that morning  because I didn't want to hear them carry on about when we were going.  I know a lot of people think we are crazy to go on a holiday but it really isn't busy at all, the longest line we stood in was about 10 mins.   Most of the ride we were able to walk right on them or we waited just a couple of mins.  It was nice to have mom there, she pushed Caitlin around and let us big kids ride on rides while she watched the little kids. 

Oh how I love this little family of mine.

After Lagoon we headed to our house and then we were going to have a bar-b-que.  The twins couldn't stay Aaron had to get to Stadium of fire so they left. We finally used the fire pit for the first time ever.  It was fun to finally have a fire and use it.  It was a fun day, after we cleaned up Mom and Myron headed home, they were tired and didn't want to stay for fireworks.  The boys had been outside playing with Tate across the street and they came running in and said if we wanted we could bring our fireworks over to Tate's house and we could light all them off together.  So that is what we did, I got Caitlin to bed by 8:00 she was so tired and we went to light off fireworks with the neighbors.  Things were going well and everyone was having fun until we suddenly got hit with a firework.  One of the fountains got tipped over and shot into us sitting on the driveway.  So the next one got held down with some bricks, wouldn't you know it did the same thing.  A couple kids got hit and were crying, both Jason and I got hit but weren't hurt.  That ended the fun and then we lost the kids attention.  We finished off the last few big ones we had, they did get moved farther out into the road and we kept the kids up on the porch out of the way.  Overall it was a very fun 4th of July.