Saturday, December 29, 2012

New house

So we have been in the new house for almost a month now, its crazy how quick the time goes by.  I was going to wait to post photos till everything was unpacked and everything but who know how long that is going to be so I just took pictures of how things look right now.  We still have a long way to go in the decorating process.  I am not worried to much about it till after Christmas.  I am excited for the decorating this house has so much more space for me to work with, it is going to be a lot of fun. 

Come spring there will be some maintenance in the yard, things are overgrown and the grass isn't in great shape, so that is going to take some work but we have till spring to worry about that!  One thing is for sure that tree right against the house is coming down, I don't like it right up against the house.




I do have to say I miss the old house more than I thought I would.  We have so many memories in that house, we started our lives there and made changes to the entire house, there wasn't one room that we hadn't done something to.  We brought home both boys and watched them grow from babies to little boys.  I still drive by a couple times a week when I take Noah to pre school and it tugs at my heart each time I do.  We also miss the neighborhood, it was an awesome place to live.  We also miss our neighbors across the street, the boys had so much fun playing with Truman and it was awesome that they just had to run across the street. 


I know this new neighborhood has a lot of kids, this is just a hard time of the year to meet friends when no one is hardly outside.  Ive meet a few of the neighbors and they seem really nice and i am looking forward to making new friends here. 

The living room, right now is pretty plan, after the holidays I will focus on decorating more but for now it is fine. 

This is suppose to be the office, Jason wants to take over the playroom upstairs and use that as the office, but I am having a hard time agreeing to that.  I like having the boys toys separate from their room so we will see what happens.  I was tired of the mess the other day so I set up the tables and got rid of some of the extra boxes.  This room still needs lots of work, I still think it would work great for an office we just need a different desk and some art on the walls.  So this room will definitely be a work in progress for a while. 

The family room, we have tried two different layouts the first one didn't work so well, this one is much better.  It makes the room feel bigger, so we like this much better.  Once Christmas is over I can focus on decorating it.  I know we want a couple of big chairs probably where the two trees are and then I want to paint the TV stand, the yellow just doesn't work so well in the room.  The kitchen/dining room is pretty much done except for we need a new light over the table, and we are still looking for some bar stools.  We have been looking for both but can't seem to find what we really want.  I am loving the new kitchen, it is awesome with all the space and I love baking and cooking in it.  I still have empty cupboards and drawers, I am sure one day I will fill it all up so don't worry!

The mudroom I want to have some cubbies built in for us.  We have a problem with the shoes piling up and the coats all over the place, there is no coat closet in the house so this is something that needs to happen soon. 

The half bathroom, is pretty boring, it needs some color or something so who knows what will happen in here.

The master bedroom is huge our furniture which totally filled our other room doesn't even hardly make a dent in this one, I brought in our purple chairs that I had intended to recover and have never gotten around to it just to fill space.  Some day I would like to get a king size bed and something at the end of the bed and then also one of those large mirrors you lean up against the wall. 

The master bathroom, is amazing we came from the whole family sharing one bathroom to both of us being able to get ready without stepping on one another.  I can't even tell you how happy that makes me.  Nothing is really wrong with this room but we would like to change the light fixtures, the mirrors and faucets. 

The master closet, is huge and has lots of space, it needs a little work in the organization but I will get to that one of these days but for now it works.

The laundry room, is huge I swear it is almost as big as the boys room in the other house.  I decided to make it my craft room along with the laundry room, so I have most of the stuff unpacked but it still needs a little work.  I would love to one day have some counters and cupboards installed to make it all much more function able. 

The nursery, I am excited to get started on this room.  I am going to paint the walls a grey and do an accent wall like I had in the other house with the stencil.  I ordered the bedding from pottery barn, I need to recover the rocking chair and I would like to get a chandler for the room to.  Of course I also need to get a new changing table/dresser.  Once again as soon as Christmas is over I am going to start focusing in this room first.  Seeing how we have a little one coming the beginning of March, it kind of is first priority. 

The boys room, they love being in bunk beds and sharing a room so we left it that way, they have lots of room and I need to get the art work up on the walls.  This room is plenty big enough we can do a lot with it. 

The playroom, can I say how much I love having a room that all the toys go into.  I know they end up all over the house anyways but at least they have a home and I can get the boys to put things away most of the time.  Not sure what I want to do in here for now it is fine. 

The boys bathroom, is also boring and some day I will make some changes like the light fixtures, mirrors, and faucets.  I know it needs some color but not sure what I want to do yet. 

Then there is the basement, totally unfinished, one day we will finish it and hopefully put one more bedroom, a bathroom, a huge media room, a second kitchen for me to have a cake business, and then another office/something room not sure what it would be yet.  Then of course there is the cold storage under the front porch. So we have more space than we could ever really fill.  I am seeing us raising our kids and being here for a really long time. 

0 comments: