Friday, December 30, 2011


We woke up Christmas morning, I had actually set my alarm for 7:00 (Jason thought I was nuts, I just wanted to be up before the boys and turn on the Christmas lights and make sure things looked fun for them when they woke up) I turned on the lights and then we laid in bed just waiting for them to wake up, the longer we laid there the more excited I was getting for the boys.  They finally woke up around 7:45, Ashton was so excited and totally knew that it was Christmas and that Santa had came, Noah woke up a little grumpy and had to be talked out of his bad mood. 

We made in to the living room and had to check everything out.  Jason made me open one present first before we did anything else.  He had gotten me a new point and shoot camera.  I had used our other one the week before and was complaining how grainy the photos were and how slow the camera was.  I guess he was listening to me :)  So we put in a SD card and proceeded to take pictures of Christmas morning with the new camera.  It wasn't the best idea there were some funny settings so we have a bunch of blurry pictures.  It makes me kind of sad but oh well, I could of used the big camera it was sitting there waiting but i thought it would be fun to use the new one. 

We made the boys wait until we got all the present all in our own piles then we opened them one at a time.  Noah's Christmas had a total theme this year, Thomas the train and he was thrilled with that.  Ashton's Christmas had a bunch of Lego's, some transformers and a camera along with other misc things.  We got to open presents and hang out and play with the new toys for a while which was really nice.

Noah was pretty happy about what he got in his stocking, so was Ashton

And yes I let the boys eat chips and Pez from their stocking for breakfast, (I know mom of the year here) we were having brunch at my dad's house so I didn't plan anything for breakfast, but they wouldn't leave the living room anyways to eat, so I figured it Christmas they can do it once right!

Merry Christmas little Grey

 Mommy is pretty excited about this new present, now I just have to find room for it!

Seriously mom, I am done with pictures being taken

Mom stop taking my picture

It wouldn't be christmas without the custom picture with your pile of new presents

We had to be at Dad and Val's at 12:30 for brunch, we were the first there with Ang and JD right behind us.  We had a yummy lunch of soup and bread, then it was on to the gift exchange.  There was a little more stealing of presents this time but not much more.  I guess people were just being nice.

The boys love to go the Nana's house so that they can go and play with the dogs.  They will get in there kennel and pull out there food to feed them and then climb on the dog houses. 

It was so funny to watch Gage go from one uncle, grandpa, to the next.  I guess he really likes guys and tends to gravitate towards them.  It was so cute watching him make his rounds

Then we headed back to mom's house for Christmas dinner and we were staying the night there so we could hang out, play games, and just relax.  Noah had fallen asleep in the car from Dad's house, it is only about a 10 min drive, Jason took him inside and laid him down on Mom's bed.  I figured he would sleep for a little bit, if anything, he slept for 2 hours.  His uncles finally went in and woke him up, which made for a not very happy Noah for a little while till he was fully awake.

 The boys all came over and we had Christmas again with this family and then dinner.  I was actually really looking forward to the fact that we were staying and I could hang out in my new pj's and play games.

 Jason and I got a new game from mom and Myron, it was a new version of Ticket to Ride so we played and it was so much fun.  The five of us: Mom, Myron, Jason, Me, and Josh stayed up until 1:00am playing. 

We got to sleep in till 8:00 the next morning, thanks to Ashton and Noah being up stairs by grandma and grandpa.  We had a perfect lazy day the day after Christmas, we all hung out in our pj's all day, played games, talked, ate  all while Ashton and Noah played with there new toys, train games, and watched movies.  Noah did keep saying through out the day he wanted to go home, but then he would get busy playing and forget for a while then he would come and say it again.  I think he wanted to get home to his new toys at home.  We finally decided to head home around 6:30, Jason got dressed but the boys and I stayed in our pj's I figured they were was no point in getting dressed that late in the day.

We had a wonderful Christmas doing what was most important and that is being together as a family.


Korie Bellamy Photography said...

cutest photo ever of noah with his hand over his eye