Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting ready for baby

I have to admit I was disappointed when we found out that we were having another boy. I so had my heart set on having a girl and getting to by cute dresses and putting bows in her hair. Now after having a few days to think this over, it is a good thing that we are having another boy. It will be good for Ashton to have a little brother to play with and I seriously don't need to buy anything. Ashton had so much stuff I am set. Now that being said I will buy this baby some new things I just can't help my self, sorry honey I will try to control myself :) just a few things here and there I promise.


We are having to change rooms around in the house to make room for baby #2, we got rid of our guest room, my mom came and got that furniture this weekend. Thanks mom for that, now we are moving the office downstairs which will be nice it is a little bigger room so I am excited to rearrange things and make a space for me and Jason. We spend so much time in the office it will be good for Jason to have a table for all his computer stuff and I can have my space for scrapbooking and whatever else I am working on. I am on a mission to find a new table and maybe some new storage, we will see, I need to get to IKEA and see what I can find. Jason is not so much a fan of IKEA so I will go alone and report back and see what he likes to save him from having to go.


Now I have to repaint the office/new baby room again. I just painted it a few months ago to a light lavender color which I have totally loved. I am sad to see it go, another reason why I wanted a girl it would of been a perfect color oh well. I don't think that will work for a little boy, I have a few ideas of what I want I just need to make up my mind. I figured I should get started on this now while I still have the energy and can do all this moving around before I get to huge.


We bought Ashton a big boy bed a few weeks ago at IKEA, so that we could use his crib for the baby, he loved this bed he got so excited every time he saw it. Its just a small toddler bed but we figured if we got a bed he loved and wanted to be in it would make a transition much easier. I am just worried about the transition from the crib to the bed. It definitely needs to be done before the baby gets here, but he goes to bed so awesome I am being selfish and wanting as much sleep as I can get while I still can.

1 comments:

Ariana said...

I love IKEA...we got Preston's bed there. They have such cute kid beds. It would be fun to meet you there (totally don't have to though) and wander around. If the timing was right I could even leave Preston home. Anyways, I'm sad for you to paint your lavender room...such a pretty color. Too bad purple isn't manly...