Thursday, April 3, 2008

sewing machine



Yah my new sewing machine is here. I am so excited, I ordered it online from Costco.com on Friday and it showed up tuesday. I was in the mood to do some projects last week and I didn't want to go borrow my mom's machine. Jason told me to just go and buy one instead of wasting gas driving back and forth between my mom's house I was not going to argue with him. I don't plan on becoming some great seamstress or anything so I didn't need anything fancy. This brother XL2600i machine got good reviews from what I read and it wasn't that expensive.

My first project was to make a headband. I found this really cute pattern for them and wanted to make some. My hair is always pulled back so I thought it would be cute.
So here is my first headband that I made. I ordered this really really awesome fabric online from etsy.com it should be here any day now. In the mean time because I needed to do something right now, I went to Joann's and found some other material because I am impatience when it comes for waiting for things. I think that I might decide to tackle some curtains next we will see :)
Now I need to get back to work while Ashton is at daycare. I get easily distracted sometimes.

2 comments:

Ariana said...

Cool! I have a Brother PS3700.... Mostly all I can make are flannel pj pants, baby blankets, bibs, and such. And hem pants. We do a lot of that at our house hahaha. The headband is really cute!

Lisa said...

cuute headband! so now you will be scrapbooking and sewing :)