Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Just one of those days

Today was just one of those days that you want to crawl back in bed and try to forget it ever happened.

To start the day off I had to go to Logan this morning and Jason was taking Ashton to daycare. Well I met my co-worker and we headed up to Logan. I got to about 20mins away and remembered I forgot to leave the car seat for Ashton. As soon as I said something to Sharon, Jason called. It took me 30 mins to turn around and get back because of morning traffic heading south. I was about 5 mins away from home and Jason called, he borrowed a car seat from a friend so I didn't need to come home. So I turned around and headed back to Logan which was 1.5 hours away. So we finally got to Logan did what we needed to and headed home. I dropped Sharon off and went to pick up Ashton and headed home. By the time I got home I had been driving for about 2.5 hours.

I had a little bit of time before I needed to leave for boot camp and I needed to work on somethings for a meeting tomorrow. I went and put in my thumb drive to retrieve the file I needed and it was not there. Jason had borrowed my thumb drive last night and had deleted everything on it WITHOUT telling me. This was what I had been working on all day Tuesday, so my 8 hour day is now wasted. I have no way of getting the files without going back up to the Brill West plant in Farr West, which just was not an option tonight, even if I wanted to. I really needed those files for my meeting tomorrow. Now I am trying to piece together what I needed to get done with only half of the pictures.

So now I am finally done with work and I am not pleased with what I have but it is the best I can do under the circumstances. After a day like this I felt like I needed some kind of total decadent gooey dessert, but I didn't I controlled my self and even endured boot camp. Lets hope the rest of the week is better.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

holy shit. that hurt to read, so i cant believe how mad in reality it really was. Hopefully bootcamp was a good outlet for your super annoying day. aaaaahh.... good job getting thru the day :)