Tuesday, June 3, 2008

New Orleans

I had to go to New Orleans this last weekend for work, I left Thursday and I just got home today. I knew it was going to be a lot of work but the 12 hour days and all the walking back and forth to and from the convention center in the hot humid weather was a killer. I would fall into bed every night. I did make it to bourbon street on night but I left by 9:30 before it got to wild and crazy, I figured that I did need to at least say I have been to bourbon street. I even got some beads and threw some beds to people walking down the street. This was my first time in New Orleans, and I enjoyed it I even tried some new food while I was there. I had fried Alligator, Crawfish, and Fried green tomatoes I didn't like the tomatoes but the alligator and crawfish weren't to bad.
This is the Mississippi river which was a first for me. We were told that the levee that was right here didn't break so this area didn't have as much damage as some of the other areas around.

This was the St. Charles Catholic church(I think if I remembered right) It was beautiful and on both sides were two museums I wanted to go see but never had the chance. The one day that I did have some free time was Monday and all the museums and the aquarium were all closed, oh well.

I am glad that I was able to go to New Orleans it was a great experience, but I missed my boys at home and I felt especially bad when Jason came down with a case of walking pneumonia, so my mom took Ashton for the weekend so he could just get better, and I know that was a huge help for Jason, and for me knowing that Ashton was being taken care of and Jason wasn't having to do it while he felt so bad. I am just so happy to be home.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

sounds like you had a nice time. score! that your mom was able to help jason out. im not sure what he would have done without her!