Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mothers Day

So for Mothers day this year, I wanted to go and get a manicure and pedicure with some friends.  So on Saturday that is what I did.  I had arranged to meet two friends at the nail salon at 10am, I was figuring on feeding Caitlin at 9:30 then having 3 hours and thought Jason would be able to feed her some pumped breast milk if needed.  I should of know it wasn't going to work out how I had planned.  Caitlin of course slept in so she wasn't even close to being ready to eat when I needed her to so Jason was going to have to feed her around 10:30.  Jason had a haircut at 9am then he went to run a few errands so he was a few minutes late getting home and the girls were waiting for me when I finally arrived.  Once there I was able to relax and enjoy some down time with no kids.  I got a pedicure and manicure.  Then Korie had to go to a lunch with her family and Chelsea and I went to lunch at Zuppas.  It was a wonderful afternoon and I felt so refreshed when I got back home, I made it back just in time to feed Caitlin she was pretty happy to see me and have me feed her.  Jason said she didn't enjoy the bottle so much this time, it took about 45 mins before she finally settled down and took the bottle.  We are just going to have to keep giving her a bottle once a week or so to keep her use to it I think. 



Sunday we got up and Jason made me French toast, then we headed down to my mom's house for dinner.  Jason was in charge of dessert he made these yummy peanut butter balls that were to die for I seriously haven't been able to stop eating them.   Its a good thing they are gone or I will be gaining back all the baby weight I have lost!



I would like to say how nice my day started out, but that would be a lie.  Noah was being his usual difficult self and was throwing all sorts of fits over stupid things.  I decided that I was going to pretend like Saturday was mothers day because the day was so nice and Sunday wasn't going so well. 
We tried to get a picture of me and the kids and of course there wasn't a whole lot of cooperation.  I am sure one day I will look back on this and laugh, so I guess I should be happy I have one with all three kids. 



We had a wonderful dinner of steak, twice baked potatoes, salad, and fruit.  Mom ended up doing a lot of the food because the twins were helping build the new swing set that they got for the grand kids.  I decided to put Caitlin in the Easter dress my mom got for her because she would love it and if I didn't there was no way she would wear it, we really have no reason to wear fancy dresses like that a lot.  She looked adorable in it and mom loved it. 



While hanging out in the new clubhouse, Noah had a little meltdown over a broken piece of Otterpop, it was a little reminiscent of the lollipop incident of 2010. I had to take pictures to document it.





0 comments: