Monday, August 3, 2009

1812 overture

Saturday night we went up to Deer Valley to the symphony to listen to the 1812 overture. I started going to this every year in 2001, it is so much fun to sit on the hill with our picnic food and drinks and enjoy the beautiful scenery and the awesome music. We haven't been for a couple of years, due to some reason. I decided we needed to go this year so we got a group together and went. There was Jeffery, Travis, Doug, Scott, Dee, Tyler, Jason and I. Seriously what more could a girl want, than an evening surrounded by these guys.

Jason and I got there first, even with dealing with the set back in Heber, there was a parade so main street was closed. 20 mins later we finally made it through town. We saved spots on the hill for everyone. We had a great time catching up with old friends and just enjoying the outdoors. The music was a little weird, there was this harpist who was playing a strap on harp and was telling stories along with the music. I didn't care for her at all, needless to say I was excited for the last number, and the 1812 did not disappoint. Mom and Myron were awesome and took the boys overnight, I felt bad for asking seeings how they were going to have them the next weekend also, but mom assured me that this is what grandparents do. We are so fortunate to have such awesome grandparents so close.

0 comments: