Thursday, November 6, 2008

one more project done

Before


I have been wanting to cover my rocking chair so that it will look better in the baby's room. The chair just stood out way to much. I had the hardest time finding fabric that would go in the room. I never would of thought that finding blue and brown fabric would be hard but it was. I found lots of turquoise and brown, but the light blue and brown was just not easy to find.

I found this cute little fabric store near where I take Ashton to daycare so I stopped and found some brown fabric I liked so I bought a fat quarter and took it home to see how it would look. It was a floral print but I didn't think it was to feminine to go in a boys room.

After



I have never done anything like this before and I really didn't know what I was doing. But I am pretty pleased with how it turned out. When Jason got home last night he was shocked, he asked said it looked like a professional did it, now I am not sure about that but I am happy with how it turned out. There are just a few more touches I need to finish and the room will be ready for this little baby.

4 comments:

Ariana said...

That chair turned out AWESOME!! Love the fabric..the visual texture in the print looks really classy with the colors and stuff in the room. How'd you do it? Staple gun or...?

Kara said...

No staples were used in this project. I basically made slip covers for each piece.

Ariana said...

Holy cow. You've got skills!! :)

Lisa said...

yep. thats fancy!