Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gold Circle, Florida

Two weeks ago, Jason and I were in beautiful sunny Florida. Jason had to go for work and I tagged along for a vacation. My family all stepped in to help and they watched the boys for us. They spent half their time with Dad and Val, then the other half with Mom and Myron. I can't thank everybody enough for watching them for 8 days while we were gone. It was an awesome break and I loved every minute of it. We arrived Monday night, we were staying at the Ritz Carlton in Naples. We got settled and had some dinner, I wanted to go and explore but it was raining and dark so we just headed back to our room. It's crazy how tired one can be after traveling all day.

Tuesday Jason had meetings all day, so I didn't see him until that evening. I went and walked on the beach for quite a while, I don't know what it is about the beach but I love it. I stayed on the beach until the sun went away and I was getting hungry. The weather was not cooperating it kept raining so I stayed in side, and read my book. I love reading and I don't do it much since I had the boys.

Finally on Wed, the sun came out and I once again headed for the beach, I walked until I got tired then sat and read my book until lunch time. I know it may seem boring to some but I was in heaven to be able to sit and read a book and soak in the sun with no interruptions from my children. After the beach I met up with Jason and we headed for the pool, for some more sun. I didn't get sunscreen on quick enough today, so I got sunburned. There was nothing I could do now, so I just had to keep the sunscreen on from here on out.

While I was on the beach, I saw these two dolphins playing in the water, it was awesome to watch them.
The Welcome dinner reception Wednesday night was on the beach. I didn't know where it was going to be until we had left our room and we were in the elevator going down, then Jason announced we were headed to the beach. I was wearing some heels, lets just say heels and sand do not go well together, so the shoes came off immediately. Each night after dinner when we returned to our room we had a present waiting for us. The first night it was some chocolates and sparkling water. Jason was making fun of me because I wanted to take picture of it.

Thursday we went on an air boat ride in the everglades. It awesome to be out on the boat, it was weird sometimes it seemed like we were only in a couple of inches of water.

After the air boat ride, we went on a swamp buggy and got to see more of the everglades. The only wildlife we saw were some birds, alligators, and some raccoons. We were told there was a manatee in one of the ponds along side of the road, but we never did see it.
I got to hold a baby alligator. Well he was 4 years old so I guess he really wasn't a baby any more. He weighted about 30 lbs. I was really shocked at how soft he was, I thought he was going to be more rough feeling. This place was an animal sanctuary so they had tons of alligators, crocodiles, a panther, two tigers, turtles.
For dinner we headed to Ngala, it was like we were out at an African safari. I felt like we were in a scene from an Indiana Jone movie. It was an awesome experience.
We got to feed this giraffe, he really like carrots, it was so much fun. I had a hard time pulling Jason away from him.
Tonight our gift was this bag. I am sure I will be able to find a good use for it.

Friday, was pretty low key it was really windy most of the day but I didn't want to just hang in the room so I spent the day down by the pool reading. I ended up reading 3 books while we were in Florida, and I had to get a 4th one to read on the flight home. Did I mention that I love to read but don't do it very often any more. For dinner that night, was the dine around. We ate at Bice's it was an Italian restaurant and it was delicious.
I am excited to go home and make some yummy drinks with this.

Saturday, I went golfing I didn't do very well but I had fun. If I want to be a better golfer I need to go more than once or twice a year.
I really wanted to go and walk on the beach and watch the sunset with Jason that last night, but it was so windy it wouldn't of been very enjoyable. So we had to just enjoy it from our balcony.
Our final gift, was this wonderful basket. I can't wait to get home and try some of these soaps they smell so good.

Jason and I tried to go and walk the beach on our last day. Our flight didn't leave until 5pm so we had most of the day. But it was really really windy and cold so we didn't last very long. We ended up just sitting by the pool till we had to leave.

I just had to take a picture, I thought it was so cute to see this out my window on our way home.

Everyone kept asking me the whole week if I was having a hard time being away from the boys and honestly, it was not hard for me at all. Now don't get me wrong I love them with all my heart, but it is so nice to have a break. Besides I knew that they were happy with the grandparents. I know that I am so fortunate to have such an awesome family to pitch in and watch them for us. They are a lot to take.
It was an awesome break and by the time Sunday came around I was ready to be home.


Natalie said...

I'm so freaking jealous right now, I have steem coming out of my ears!
THE BEACH, THE SUN, READING!!! How perfect! YOu look awesome, I haven't seen you forever (well it feels that way)