Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy 50th Mom

It was my mom's 50th birthday this last week. I decided that we needed to throw her a surprise party. There was no way I would be able to pull it off before her birthday, so we had to plan it for after her b-day. So I have spent all this last week making preparations and getting ready for the party. Sat the big day finally arrived, things went really smooth.



Here is the cake I made. The top layer was white cake with raspberry filling and the bottom was chocolate with raspberry filling. It was all covered in chocolate fondant. Which tastes much better than white fondant, in my opinion.

Here is a surprised mom, I thought that I was going to be in a trouble for a minute, but all was well in the end.

The party turned out to be a big success, we had alot of people almost everyone who was invited came, and my mom was totally surprised. It was a lot of fun and I was so happy to do it but it will be a while before I try to pull something like this off again.


Family picture with Myron's parents, Carlie, Cory, Mom, Ashton and Myron



Here is the food, we had lemonade, water, meatballs, veggie trays, cheese and crackers, sugar cookies, cake, and a chocolate fountain with strawberries, pretzels, and cream puffs.


I decided that I didn't want to do the old black theme, so I choose pink and brown and it turned out really cute. I thought it was funny when mom walked in and she was even wearing pink :) I made a birthday banner, and for some reason I only got a pic of the birthday part there was a happy 50th part also, I blame it on having to many things to think about all at once. I used my silhouette cutter that Jason got me for Christmas last year. I have used it for my scrapbooking, but it totally has paid for it self with how much I used it this week alone. At least I took this picture at home.

Jason and Ashton

Ashton with grandma. Ashton figured out how the use the punch fountain and was helping himself to the punch all night. He would walk around with his cup so full he would leave a trail of juice behind him, he would hold up his cup and say "a cup", it was so cute I couldn't really get mad at him.This was at the end of the night and Ashton was so tired. He just wanted to be held and cuddled. Mommy was busy cleaning up so Uncle Aaron had to due.

1 comments:

Lisa said...

sounds like a great party.
thats a beautiful cake you made!